Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Were looking for a Senior Design Manager to join the Web team, which is a part of the Brand department in Twilio Marketing. In true Twilio fashion, youll manage a team of designers & technologists who produce everything from consumer-grade illustrations & experiences, to pull requests on NPM packages.
Youll build & manage the web design team. Youll be the champion of the careers & the craft of web design in Twilio Brand. Youll manage the Product Designers who produce the at-scale design system that powers our front-end framework, from Sketch libraries to NPM packages. And youll manage the visual designers who create consumer-grade experiences & visual language that translates the core Twilio brand to the web.
Youll build the team that sets the course for design & interaction on Twilios public-facing web properties, in partnership with Web Engineering & Web Product Management. You stay up to speed on modern visual language, & the technology that makes it possible.
Youll partner with the Core Creative team in Brand to translate the core Twilio brand into our digital properties in a way that takes advantage of modern visual language & the unique interactivity the web offers.
Were looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has:
- 4+ years management experience of web design teams of at least 5 people, in SaaS or platform companies where describing technical concepts visually is critical. Youve hired & managed full-time employees, as well as hired & managed contract resources & built teams that make them successful
- 6+ years experience in web design, ideally with hands-on design experience in research, Visual, UX, & Product Design. Youve built & contributed to interactive front-end experiences, design systems, & you thrive on exploring the best modern web technologies have to offer.
- 4+ years experience in roles where research was part of the process. Youve spent significant time in your career understanding the influence & impact of research on customer-centric design
- You understand developers. At Twilio we believe a developer is anyone who solves problems with code. And thats never more real than on Twilios web design team, where youll manage designers with developer chops. You have a working knowledge of the technology that brings your teams design to life, & you know what you like & what you dont like.
As the Senior Design Manager on the Web team youll live the Twilio Magic by:
- Empowering others and guiding your team to build reusable visual language & systems that give hundreds of people at Twilio publishing superpowers.
- Being bold as you lead the team to craft new ways to inspire users to think bigger about whats possible with communications technology
- Believing that building a world-class digital brand starts with building a diverse team, & being inclusive every step of the way.
We believe that code is creative. Twilio occupies a pretty magical place at the intersection of human communication & building. Weve built a web team of technologists who believe that the work they do can help inspire the next generation of creativity & innovation in our community.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.