At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Data & insights are at the heart of how Lyft makes business decisions, & our sustained investment in our communities & local operations are an important differentiator, allowing us to understand & act on what makes cities unique. Analytics Managers act as the eyes for local operations teams, generating insights from data that allow us to act. Were looking for passionate Analytics Managers to help us to take on some of the most interesting & impactful problems in ridesharing.Youll work in an environment where we embrace moving quickly to build the worlds best transportation.
Analytics Managers partner with Territory Leaders (General Managers/Regional Directors) at Lyft to increase growth, improve efficiency, & influence long-term strategy through strategic thinking, analytics problem-solving, & critical insights.You will analyze a variety of problems ranging from suboptimal airport operations to finding ways to reduce rider churn. These recommendations will be both strategic & tactical, influencing how Lyft creates value for customers - both riders & drivers.
As an Analytics Manager, you will think strategically, & use data to frame decisions & drive recommendations & make challenging trade-offs (supply vs. demand, long-term vs. short-term, low risk vs. high risk). As a member of the local market leadership team, you will work with multiple partners, & shape essential aspects of running & growing the market across riders, drivers & our growing investments in physical infrastructure.
Analytics Managers report to the Territory Leader (General Manager/Regional Director), with close collaboration with the HQ-based Business Performance & Planning.
- Be the data-driven thought partner for your Territory Leader & take ownership for the performance & growth of your market.
- Identify market-level questions, problems, & opportunities to increase growth & profitability
- Develop & track execution of Market Roadmap -> rolling 12 month plan to achieve the numbers in the market
- Increase effectiveness of Sales & Marketing activities by identifying important points of leverage for those teams
- Monitor causes of market performance
- Provide analytics support for local projects alongside other local team members (e.g. Marketing, Spec Ops, Lyft Business, Public Policy, Regulatory Operations)
- Collaborate with both your local team & HQ teams to improve Lyfts decisions for the local markets
- Prepare for & lead weekly deep dives into market & program performance while developing actionable dashboards for GMs & other local stakeholders
- 4+ years proven analytical background
- Advanced SQL skills
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
- Experience working with senior decision makers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity or experience with P&L management
- Passion for teaching others analytical frameworks
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.