Experience Strategy is a new team at Squarespace. Equal parts strategy, research & design, the impact is focused on all Squarespace audiences. Youll innovate our companys way of working, transform existing products & services, & identify areas for creation of new value for both customers & our business. Youll be responsible for leading work to produce service blueprints, ecosystem maps, user journey maps, user models, conceptual designs, research stimuli & experience principles for evolving products, processes & content.
You will sit within the Product Design organization, reporting to the Product Design Director, Platform.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Research team input, requirements, customer research & competitor data to guide experience strategy, identify new insights & opportunities, understand our customers, & test potential design solutions; partner closely with Design & UX Research to conduct qualitative & quantitative research
- Translate experience goals into solutions across products & services, considering the full end-to-end customer experience, integration points & impact to other teams within a complex product ecosystem
- Prototype & test ideas collaboratively, allowing customers & employees to achieve their goals in new ways; Bring concepts to life using frameworks, sketches, prototypes across mediums
- Develop strategy & design of the end-to-end experience & interactions; Consult on design of touch points or operational elements of our products & service
- Create compelling, actionable resources for the larger organization to use when assessing their work in order to identify experience gaps
- Design & facilitate discovery-focused workshops (framing, planning, ideation, co-creation) to unlock partner teams/disciplines
- Understand the stages & steps involved in product usage & delivery; Translate propositions into an actual service customers can use
- Explore service metrics & partner across the business on feasibility & implementation, to observe & evaluate outcomes with senior business leaders
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, research & design with an understanding of information architecture, systems, experience design & service design principles
- Ability to understand the impact of design decisions to help deliver value to our customers in a way that supports our business objectives
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills in a collaborative environment to ensure understanding & adoption of your work
- You are unafraid to (respectfully) articulate a bold point of view with your work while remaining supported by data & research
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.