Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find, share, & get rewarded for the worlds most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship & love what we do. Our engineering culture values mentorship, ownership, collaboration, & getting stuff done.
Our technology stack includes: Java (and soon Kotlin!), RxJava2, Retrofit2, Architecture Components, Espresso & Robolectric. Check out our Engineering Blog for more.
Youll improve the mobile experience across all of 500px, without compromising on performance, usability or accessibility. Youll take advantage of latest & greatest technologies available on Android platforms to help us build incredibly useful & innovative mobile apps that our users love. Youll bring energy to the team, by being adaptable, productive, & by learning quickly.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build & improve 500pxs mobile experiences
- Work closely with product & design teams to ensure consistent UX & polish across our entire cross-platform experience
- Be an advocate for mobile, & help guide our overall product roadmap
- Mentor junior & intermediate developers.
- Guide the team through tough technical challenges with an opinion on how the backend impacts Android development.
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- In-depth knowledge of Android platform & APIs.
- An eye for platform-specific user experience guidelines, i.e. familiarity with the Android Design Guidelines.
- Experience publishing native apps to iTunes Store.
- Flexibility, & a commitment to fix problems wherever they lie, regardless of tech stack.
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks & drinks
- Great health & dental benefits
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 60 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- Coding challenge: We'll ask you to write some code, & then share it with us to review.
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.