Peloton is seeking a UI Designer to create simple, elegant, & intuitive interactive interfaces for our core engagement products : large-scale, complex, & function-heavy product systems such as the Peloton web & mobile apps, the Peloton Bike, & the Peloton Tread.
This role is focused on visual interactive interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, & ultimately how Pelotons engagement products look & feel. Core to this role is the creation of the final pixel-perfect UI that Peloton Members experience, & in creating UI in a visually systematic way that ensures a holistic, consistent experience across our products.
Outside exceptional UI & interaction design talent, success in this role is dependent on being highly self-motivated & managed, super organized, always open to feedback & critique, & extremely collaborative.
The UI Designer works directly with the Product Manager, UX Designer, engineers, & project manager on one of several Peloton Engagement teams & collaborates with the broader Product, UX, & Design team to deliver the Peloton experience.
Note: Along with your Resume a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Pelotons Product UI styles, patterns, & standardized elements & interactions.
- Manage your bandwidth & project pipeline to execute UI design in time with your teams software roadmap.
- Work closely & collaboratively with the UX designer & Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Quickly iterate & offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions & motion to enhance UI.
- Execute final, pixel perfect UI designs & package, spec, & prep for engineering.
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual perfection, & provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
- Maintain design systems & libraries in conjunction with the wider Product UI Design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Previous software UI/interaction design experiences at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- Top tier user interface & interaction design skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Focused & dedicated to how products look & feel.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability & willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Deeply collaborative & iterative approach to product design, focused on ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop & iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes & platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity & in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- A strong understanding of the tools & technologies involved in designing & building interactive software experiences.
- A keen knowledge of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, & web development & of design & interaction patterns & trends within each.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator & other design & prototyping tools.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Designing for: native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; experiences arger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
- Working in an Agile Scrum Team structure.
- Building element-based UI design library & style guide.
- Creating iconography systems.
Founded in 2012, Pelotonis an innovative tech company that bringsmembers the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homevia the Bike,Tread & iOS App platforms.Pelotonuses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.