ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOX Bet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStarsUS The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
In this new role, the Manager will spend their time assessing what the next strategic bets the DFS business should take & then operationalizing & owning those selected strategic bets. The Manager should be motivated by finding new innovative growth opportunities for the business that align with the overall strategy & then taking the steps to transition the identified opportunity from idea to reality. The Manager will work cross-functionally with other teams at the company including Corporate Development, Operations & Strategy, & Marketing, leading assessment & execution of opportunities that will drive key DFS objectives & growth.
The successful candidate would be expected to remain aware of the day-to-day running of the core DFS business, but to focus the majority of their energy on innovative future opportunities to grow the addressable market for the DFS business.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Identify, assess, recommend & ultimately prioritize opportunities to grow our revenues beyond our existing streams. This entails:
- Look across FanDuel Group, Flutter, & externally, to identify partners we could gain value by working with
- Assessing adjacent industries & considering whether we should enter them. Any recommendation should be supported by forming data, as well as a compelling story that links back to our vertical, & group-wide goals
- Work with relevant partners to gather key product information & KPIs
- Work directly with key executives & partner with other internal teams to evaluate growth opportunities as well as developing & presenting key findings to FanDuel management team
- Develop a robust business case, with multiple scenarios
- Be able to consider new products from the perspective of a prospective customer is a must
- Manage the operational plan for the selected expansion opportunities including:
- Ensure appropriate project planning & risk identification/mitigation
- Own communication with executive stakeholders across FanDuel & Flutter
- Work with Marketing, Product, Legal/Regulatory, & other FanDuel teams to ensure alignment on priorities & strategic decision making
- Support managing the development & launching of growth opportunities the team has previously selected
- Additional ownership areas will include:
- End-to-end commercial evaluation of our existing & proposed external partnerships.
- Assist with external contract negotiations including reviewing & providing comments on key legal agreements
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 4+ years working in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, or corporate development
- The ability to take broad direction, & spend time translating that into well-researched, actionable output
- Strong financial modeling/quantitative analysis & presentation skill set
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally & externally. As well as the ability to work autonomously for periods of time
- A successful candidate will have a strong innate curiosity about researching the real money gaming industry customer research, trying products first-hand, etc.
- Strategic & creative thinker with strong analytical skills who can dissect complex issues & make thoughtful recommendations & action plans
- High degree of flexibility & resiliency to take a new business from the idea phase to the execution phase
- Prior knowledge of DFS, or the ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the business
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.