Alto is a modern, digital pharmacy thats changing the way people access & manage their prescriptions with a tech-focused, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto offers same day courier delivery, cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicines true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
Were doubling down on building this patient-centric experience & were looking for several UX Researchers to join us at our headquarters in San Francisco. As a researcher at Alto, there is plenty of opportunity for your work to drive impact across the breadth of our products -- from our patient & provider apps to our home grown pharmacy management system, Wunderbar. The insights that you & the broader team uncover will inform the collective understanding within the company of our users behaviors & attitudes, helping us add value to their experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to establish our research best practices & implement ongoing foundational research. Youll conduct generative research to explore new opportunities, test concepts as they are being developed, & evaluate products once theyve rolled out. Youll partner closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, & Engineers to identify research opportunities where youll drive the planning & execution of research plans. Further, youll use qualitative & quantitative tools such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, usability testing, & data analysis to uncover the meaningful insights that will help Alto provide patients the treatment they deserve.
Responsibilities of an Alto UX Researcher:
- Translate product & design goals into research questions & plans
- Conduct studies across essential product areas, using qualitative & quantitative methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, (remote & in-person), working with data, & any other methods you find impactful.
- Review, analyze, & communicate strategic insights, & applicable recommendations which guide product decisions & design improvements for users.
- Help cultivate an informed team by advocating for the user with presentations & creative activities.
- Align product with both user & business goals.
Youre an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience with Product organizations, using a variety of research methods, including usability/user testing, surveys, & user interviews.
- Have experience working with mobile apps & platforms
- Have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or a related field. Or equivalent practical experience in design thinking, psychology, & human-computer interaction.
- Understand industry best practices, & know how to tailor research methods to Alto user needs.
- Educate stakeholders on UX Research methods & meaning.
- Experience leading projects & speaking up when support & guidance are needed.
- An interest in the pharmacy / healthcare industries.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation & collaboration skills