At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyft is also the country's leader in micro-mobility. We own and/or operate bikeshare in New York (Citi Bike), Chicago (Divvy), San Francisco (Bay Wheels), Portland (Biketown), Boston (BlueBikes), DC (Capital Bikeshare), & Minneapolis (Nice Ride) while providing scooter service in those & other major cities across the country. Our active fleet includes state-of-the-art electric bikes & scooters, services tens of millions of rides per year, & is rapidly growing. We also have a rapidly evolving Transit offering, giving riders the ability to plan Transit trips by accessing real-time Transit information in nearly 20 markets across the US & Canada.
As Deputy Chief of Staff for our Transit, Bikes & Scooters (TBS) team, you will report to the Chief of Staff & work closely with leaders within TBS & across Lyft. You are a motivated & adaptable leader & will help our senior management team to build a healthy organization, set the right strategy & process, & drive critical cross-functional efforts. Successful candidates will be collaborative, demonstrate the ability to work with a variety of stakeholder groups, drive execution of cross-functional processes, have strong written & oral communication, & have the skills to onboard quickly, identify process improvements & lead those improvements to completion.
You should be a self-starter, incredibly well organized & detailed, process-driven, flexible & have the ability to develop & maintain great relationships internally & externally.
- Manage the process to define the overall line of business & team level strategies (Tech/Product/Ops/etc.)
- Consolidate line of business level milestones + overlaps between organizations; highlight/resolve issues
- Support key business partners on strategic initiatives as needed through research & analysis, building business cases for new services or partnerships, & presenting those to executive leadership.
- Establish a cross functional process for collecting, analyzing, & leveraging competitive intelligence
- Establish strong relationships & serve as point of contact with cross functional teams, (i.e. Operations, Finance, Science, Marketing) & other internal & external resources as appropriate.
- Identify & implement improvements to leadership cadence: reporting, decision making, review process, etc. Partner with teams prior to reviews to ensure that the quality of material leverages the teams time & ensures the best decisions are made.
- Identify & implement reporting to measure line of business performance, build dashboards with Science to improve visibility & make analytical, data driven decisions.
Your Experience & Skills
- Proven track record of leading, managing, & improving upon internal processes
- Ability to build consensus among cross-functional teams towards achieving goals
- High degree of financial literacy as it relates to business planning
- Exceptional analytical & quantitative problem-solving skills
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, & ability to anticipate the needs of the executive team
- 7+ years experience in a combination of operations, product management, consulting, finance, or an equivalent field
- Experience defining & stating expectations & objectives with team members & completing all related follow up & improvement measures
- Strong written & verbal communication skills & experience communicating with internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to work & thrive in fast-paced & high-pressure environment
- Excellent organizational & multitasking skills & ability to balance & prioritize multiple projects & initiatives
- Highest level of integrity & management of confidential information
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.