At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization..
You're an enthusiastic app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, & we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, & an organization built around rapid releases. Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos & retrospectives keep us agile, & accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior & heavy use of analytics, A/B testing & feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, & tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, & every feature hammered on by manual & automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to build exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Extend & implement our APIs
- Implement unit & UI automation tests
- 6 or more years of experience as an Android developer is preferred.
- Experience using design & architecture patterns
- Understand unit testing
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET
- Good sense of usability & product
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing data storages
- Experience pursuing side projects or open source projects.
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Extended health & dental coverage options, along with life insurance & disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.