Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps & services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, & advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions & manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts & technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open & collaborative work environment that rewards creativity & perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots & Denver growth plans and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values: Connect the Customer, Everyone Belongs, Marqeta Cares, Lead Innovation, Deliver Results, Quality First & Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career & opportunities will grow as well.
The Production Support Team at Marqeta is at the center of the customer experience for Marqeta. We strive in providing the highest quality support & service to our valued customers.
The Project Manager will lead internal business partner management, acting as point of contact for production support. You will work directly with the Development Teams, Product teams, Customer Success Teams & Operation teams. This role requires a diverse knowledge set, as well as an ability to handle multiple, complex projects, collaborate with all internal teams, & follow through on timelines & deliverables. The Project Manager will be responsible for escalating the customer issues, production support pain points, keeping track of manual efforts/fixes, cross functional communication, Postmortems & RCAs.
- Interact with Product, Engineering, & Technical Operational teams to provide feedback on production support related issues, fixes & improvements.
- Ability to communicate at all levels from senior leaders to individual contributors, including technical & non-technical audiences.
- Coordinate & execute internal projects to better improve the support process including documentation, user stories.
- Coordinate escalation & resolution of major issues.
- Report promptly to management & business partners regarding critical outages until resolution.
- Provide additional support to existing production support procedures
- Collaborate with management to improve & customize reports related to production support.
- Refer frequently occurring incidents to Developers for Problem resolution
- Create, monitor, & respond to relevant project metrics
- Become a Marqeta product expert
- Find opportunities to improve the processes & platform
- Be a voice of Production Support in post mortems & work with the team to create RCAs.
- Demonstrated talent & track record in Project Management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing successful large, cross functional projects
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Inherent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask & prioritize complicated projects
- Ability to garner strong working relationships across multiple teams is a must
- Strong curiosity to all things & a desire to problem solve
- Ability to adapt to a fast growing & changing environment
- Administration level skill set in Atlassian Cloud
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Broad knowledge of engineering & production processes & industry best practices.
- Experience interfacing & managing customers
- Experience with Root cause analysis documentation.
Great to have but not required
- Experience in payments & accounting
- Experience working at high growth startup
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual Hack Week to support & reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts & employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays & more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity & will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military & veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.