Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data & FinTech, & we are looking for a UX/UI Designer as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated & deeply connected with its 185,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, & powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards & recognitionsuch as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoors Best Places to Work, & Forbes FinTech 50it is our people, our culture, & our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Ship products that enable small businesses to grow, simplify their finances & pursue their passions. Use your strong background in user experience, problem solving, & prototyping to design polished experiences & create robust & thoughtful prototypes. As an interactive designer on a small, passionate team, you will take complete ownership of the products you work on. You will partner with other top-notch designers, engineers, & data scientists & use modern technologies, lean validation methods, & design thinking practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, both internal & external, to create new products from the ground up.
- Interpret web experiences & turn them into a seamless native iOS & Android experiences.
- Work directly with product managers, engineers, & other designers to deliver user flows, wireframes, visual mockups, & prototypes for native mobile platforms as well as standard & responsive web layouts.
- Work directly with engineers to produce a final product that maintains a high bar of quality & consistencyproducing specs & assets as needed.
- Participate in & help manage usability testing on your products. Participate in qualitative research activities to help ground your team in a full, holistic understanding of our customers.
What we're looking for in you:
- Operate Semi-Autonomously: Take a project from ideation to delivery while proactively involving your manager & team in your process.
- Calm Under Pressure/Resilience: Maintain stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress; remain composed & productive under pressure/stress.
- Proactivity: Proactive, self-driven, curious, loves learning.
- Communication: Communicate information, ideas, & concepts clearly.
- Organization & Planning: Plan, organize, & schedule in an efficient, productive manner; focus on key priorities; manage time well.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Cool with quickly changing priorities & conditions; cope effectively with complexity & change.
- Persistence: Follow through on items without being managed. Be resourceful, have grit & a positive can do attitude.
What you should have:
- An ability to create experiences & interfaces that represent the Kabbage brand by following style guides & existing product design work. You demonstrate good taste in layout & typography with a strong understanding of visual hierarchy.
- An understanding of information architecture, multi-step flows, cross-platform & cross product experiences & an ability to concept with the full array of states in mind (conditional, transitional, transferred etc.)
- Knowledge of Googles Material Design Specifications & Apples Human Interface Guidelines.
- A willingness to share your work early & often with UX designers, product managers, & engineersand the ability to work together towards co-created solutions.
- An understanding of the qualitative & quantitative data needed to support your projects. You demonstrate an understanding of the problem space, customer needs, & the UX research methods needed to inform your work throughout the project process.
- A desire to add to Kabbage culture, to participate in activities outside your department & to pitch in on projects to help the company succeed.
- A passion to stay current with web design trends, tools, established design patterns, & best practices.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, we think our people are awesome, so we created the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people areactuallywhat make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are proactive, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find humble individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.