Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious & enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved & well known throughout the worldover 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. And our enterprise-grade products & solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challengesfrom delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about our Product Growth Design team
As a Design Lead, you will be both hands-on & coach: delivering design work for some of our most important experiments, & managing 3 other designers that comprise the growth team. You will report to the Senior Director, Product Design, & work with her & your team to continue to evolve Growth Design at SurveyMonkey.
What we're looking for
Were looking for a Product Design Lead who is curious about customers, passionate about data-driven design & energized by leading teams. Our Growth team is focused on getting our customers to experience the value of our product as quickly & frequently as possible. Your resourcefulness, creative efficiency, & ability to motivate designers & partners will help you navigate through uncertainty. You also will stop at nothing to create elegant solutions based on your & your teams clearly defined concepts. We are looking for someone with an appetite for validating ideas by running research & interpreting quantitative & qualitative data for each project. You are practiced at testing designs in small chunks to uncover insights & validate hypotheses at high speed this ability will be an essential component to your success.
If this describes you then join our amazing team to embark on a journey to fundamentally rethink our product, transform our development process & lead an organizational shift to customer-centric, design-driven culture.
- Have worked as a design lead on cross-functional teams with Product Management, Engineering & other designers to provide quality, customer-centric designs that improve outcomes for the business & customer.
- Be comfortable managing & coaching other designers with an ability to grow designers careers & succeed on their product teams
- Show up as a leader on the design team driving functional excellence & cohesive cross-product experiences
- Enjoy being hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping & customer research taking problems from concept to implementation quickly & iteratively
- Obsess over details UI consistency, micro-interaction, even project plans
- Appreciate critical feedback you give it, receive it, grow from it, & seek it out through facilitating critiques & retrospectives.
- Be data-driven - whether its analyzing qualitative data to uncover insights or creating variations of a design for A/B testing. You balance user-centricity with an understanding of the data & business goal, & can coach others how to develop these skills.
- Value communication, organization & thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Empower & inspire your team & the broader organization by sharing expertise through hands-on partnership
- 6+ years experience in similar role.
- At least 1 year of experience mentoring other designers; experience designing for growth considered an asset
- Experience working with teams including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analyst, Marketing, User Research, & Content Strategy
- The ability to form strong points of view balancing business needs, data metrics, & the users experience
- Experience working with other designers to create a cohesive cross-product experience, both using & contributing to a centralized design system
- Expert in storytelling, & an ability to champion design rationale & advocate for it across the company
- Experience with our tool suite: Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, & knowledgeable about HTML, CSS. A advocate on new tools, design & technology trends across the company.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work, preferably Growth related
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, were building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. Weve won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBCs Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.