Squarespace is looking for an engineer to come on board & own major portions of our security programs in both our production & corporate environments. You will partner with teams across the organization to build programs that secure the platform powering millions of websites. You will be an expert on all things security across the engineering organization. You will report into the team lead. This role is based in our NYC office.
- Promote security within Squarespace
- Identify security risks, & develop mitigation plans
- Architect, support & evaluate security-focused tools & services
- Advise on risk assessment, threat modeling & fixing vulnerabilities
- Recommend new security products & technologies
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language (preference to Python or Java)
- 3+ years of experience in network & web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP & BGP)
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, & IT)
- Experience protecting against & mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.