VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: New Business Director
REPORTS TO: Head of Client Service & Business Development
OVERVIEW: Virtue Worldwide is VICE's in-house creative agency.The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Head of Client Service & Business Development on all inbound, outbound, & ad hoc growth initiatives for VIRTUE Worldwide Canada.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Head of Client Services & Business Development on all inbound, outbound, & ad hoc growth initiatives for VIRTUE Worldwide Canada.
- Partner with the Head of Client Services & Business Development on setting revenue targets, managing sales pipeline, & designing a plan for tracking & activity reporting.
- Develop agency relationships with Canadian search consultants & manage all inbound & outbound consultant communications.
- Manage & design search consultant strategy.
- Manage inbound leads from qualification through close.
- Develop outbound prospecting strategy & build robust new business pipeline with team by researching, identifying, & targeting cold & warm prospects.
- Partner with the Head of Client Services & Business Development to lead agency response to RFPs & day-to-day management of client-, consultant-, & procurement-led pitch process.
- Manage agency standard language to use in RFPs & consistently across the organization; strengthen our overall narrative when it comes to pitch strategy, proposals, & articulation of our services & capabilities.
- Collaborate with the Head of Client Services & Business Development to design, manage & execute growth strategy for new capabilities (e.g. Research, Insights, Date & Analytics & Technology Innovations).
- Lead the organization & preparation for prospect pitches/presentations in collaboration with department heads.
- Drive business development strategy & execution in the Canadian market in collaboration with other dept leads.
- Create & execute marketing plan, including setting goals & tactics, e.g. partnership execution conference & event planning; content thought leadership strategy & execution with Head of Strategy & VP, Insights; case study development with Client Partners; & creation of other ad hoc marketing asset needs (i.e. fact sheets, headshots).
- Leverage & recommend best in class business development tools including industry databases, CRM tool, etc.
- Bachelors Degree
- 7+ years experience in sales team or business development roles agency-side
- Well-versed in developing strong client relationships & working across a variety of industries in Canada
- History of scaling successful organizations
- Consistent record of selling in programs & fostering deep relationships throughout the process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Keynote. Experience working with CRM tools & Sales platforms (Salesforce) a plus
- Self-motivation, energy, strong team-player & work ethic
- Strategic planning & creative problem solving skills
- Hands-on approach to managing both processes & people
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to speak eloquently, a great public speaker, & able to command a room in pitches
- Passion & drive for providing an exceptional product & experiences
- A people person & positive attitude
- Bilingual English & French & knowledge of Quebec market an extra asset
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.