Role: Food Safety Associate
Location: NJ DC
Reports to: Food Safety Manager
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Food Safety associate coordinates activities of the Food Safety team. The Food Safety associate works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. This position is under the direction of the Food Safety Manager/Assoc. Food Safety Manager. The Associate is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the Lead & Manager. The Associate is required to ensure that the facility is maintained at SQF level of operation.
You will ...
- Oversees & works with food safety lead & performs typical food safety tasks to support the production/warehouse team & the entire facility up to & including internal audits, GMP enforcement, HACCP, allergen control, food defense & food safety implementation as needed.
- Audits GMPs for different departments as needed & communicate when deviations are found
- Be trained on standard operating procedures (food safety, GMP, allergens, CCPs, food defense AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies) & practice at all times
- Coach all employees to follow Hello Fresh policies & procedures
- Support the sanitation team & cross train with the sanitation supervisor to learn chemical usage
- Perform ATP swabs if required by the department & should have working knowledge of environmental monitoring program
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments such as Quality or Production to collaborate & solve problems
- Respectfully support & follow direction from lead or supervisor or management & completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for following standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Maintains the work area in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Reports all food safety sanitation issues to an immediate supervisor
- Performs routine CCP verifications & instrument calibrations (scales/thermometer) to ensure instrument functions properly
- Aids in non-conformance identifications & CAPA analysis
- In the event of absence, it is associates responsibility to communicate the essential tasks that need to be completed in his/her absence
- Professionalism & fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Results Driven & detail oriented
- Time Management: maintaining momentum & perform tasks to meet goals & deadlines
- Chemical knowledge
- Basic computer skills primarily utilizing Microsoft Office & Google Sheets
- Communications: expresses ideas & thoughts clearly & with tact & diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Dependability: Should make sure absence is communicated during shift days & work is completed.
- HACCP knowledge preferred
At a minimum, you have...
- High school diploma/GED & minimum 1 year of related experience
- HACCP certification & SQF knowledge preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing & assembly environment & is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10 - 40F). The employee is possibly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibration. The noise level in the work environment & job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach & lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift & move up to 25 pounds, & occasionally lift & move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision & peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Sat - Wed 6:30AM-2:30PM, Thurs-Mon 6:30AM-2:30PM (1st shift), Tue Sat 3:30PM-11:30PM Fri-Tue 3:30PM-11:30PM (2nd shift), times are subject to change based on business needs.
No travel is expected for this position.
- Competitive Hourly Wage & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Monthly birthday celebration
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.