About the team:
The Personal Care Supply Chain team at Harrys consists of Manufacturing, Sourcing, Quality, Planning, Distribution & Logistics capabilities. We are responsible for creating high quality products & ensuring they are received to our customers on-time, in-full & at the right quality & cost. We support both customers & consumers in the US, Canada & Europe across Retail & Direct-to-Consumer operations. We work cross-functionally across the Harrys organization to ensure efficient operational performance to all our stakeholders.
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harrys history & culture through our Summer Intern onboarding experience
- Socialize & build your network through regular check-ins, lunches & events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships with & secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team & from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harrys leadership
- Highlight projects you observed & contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns, in a fun & engaging forum
About the role:
Over the years, Harrys has scaled significantly with the introduction of new brands, channels, & products, & its more important than ever to have visibility into the various pieces of our supply chain. We want to dive deeper into our customer delivery metrics throughout our supply chain to understand where there are opportunities for cost reductions. We also want to assess our products to understand where there are opportunities for regionalization, cost reductions, & increased oversight. Thats where you come in!
Projects & work you will be a part of may include:
- Using a data driven approach, you will assist with creating a view of open & projected orders across suppliers & retailers to understand total supplier, labor & fulfillment needs
- Assist with building tools to track market & delivery trend changes that directly impact our costs & metrics
- Assist with reviewing Bill of Materials (BOMs) across key products to understand pricing information across materials
- Assist with driving optimization projects such as enhancing our existing processes associated with tracking products as they move through the supply chain
- Assist with using data to root-cause compliance fines & follow the issue resolution process (up to & including being part of a team visiting a DC to view the new SOP in place)
- Assist with diving into our direct-to-consumer network to assist with developing & improving our packaging & shipping operations
- Share findings & outcomes with the Supply Chain Team & Leadership
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting & working within the Supply Chain organization
- You will work with other teams within the Supply Chain organization including Supply Planning, Sourcing, Logistics, Systems, & Finance. You may also assist our team as we engage with our cross functional partners in retail, eCommerce, as well as external distribution partners & contract manufacturers
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- Interested in Supply Chain or related field
- High proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets & an interest in learning from data
- Enjoy whats happening behind the scenes, & have an appreciation for how things are made for the customer & delivered to the customer
- You value relationships & team-work & appreciate working with others
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, your suppliers & the world around you
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment & to switch gears as required
- You are open to travel to visit with suppliers & see manufacturing sites & distribution centers to learn about our operations first hand & arent afraid to build new relationships
Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size & industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.