Help Flexport build our Procurement Team.
As an Ocean Trade Lane Management Associate, you will be a foundational member of the team, learning all aspects of the trade, mastering Flexports advanced tech systems, & working on the front lines to ensure Client Solutions teams - & by extension, Flexports clients - have the right solutions & the right prices so that supply chains run smoothly. You will be an expert in coordinating & executing the end-to-end procurement, solution design, rate setting, & implementation cycles for the geographys imports & exports. From fulfilling pricing requests to working directly with carriers, you will learn the breadth of our interaction with ocean carriers & bridge the gap between our clients & the fulfillment of ocean freight.
What you'll do:
- Procure services from global ocean carriers
- Stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions & cost competitiveness with focus on the Far East Westbound market
- Lead negotiations for both short-term & long-term pricing exercises
- Manage ocean carrier contracts, rates, & maintenance
- Be the main contact/escalation point in case of disputes, service failures with carriers
- Support the commercial go-to-market strategy
- Create tools for analyzing market conditions & keeping team members informed on latest developments
- Maintaining Rate Management for Sell Rates
- supporting internal stakeholders by translating external services into Flexports formats
- developing Excel Based Models to simply sell rate management
What youll need:
- Requires at least 1-3 year(s) of related experience. Bachelor's degree required or equivalent years relevant work experience
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective
- Experience building & maintaining relationships & partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills & metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background & knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero
- Bonus points: knowledge of the Far East Westbound market
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Read about three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.