Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), headquartered in New York City, is the premier tech & content platform providing beautiful & relevant visual & audio content for storytellers around the world to engage & captivate their audiences. The entrepreneurial spirit is deeply ingrained in our culture, & we are a dynamic & growing company with the financial strength & ongoing profitability to fuel our growth ambitions. We are currently seeking a results-oriented VP of Business Intelligence to join the Shutterstock team.
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a team to evolve the companys key metrics that generate actionable insight to empower data-driven decisions. By leveraging your experience & industry best practices, you will establish a vision for a Business Intelligence program for Shutterstock, & will be responsible for proactively identifying impactful business opportunities through in-depth analysis of our business metrics. In this role, you will work with members of the Executive Leadership Team to make informed decisions based on insight & analytics & turn insight into incremental growth & profit. You will work closely with the implementation teams to ensure key projects are being executed soundly.
The ideal candidate is a proactive leader with proven success in a cross-functional environment, a smart, strategic thinker who drives results, & someone who strives to keep things simple & get things done. This leader is well-experienced in solving complex business problems & communicating solutions through storytelling. This is a full-time position reporting to the VP/GM of Image & Motion, & is located in New York City.
- Contribute to meaningful revenue growth & margin improvement by generating business-focused, actionable insights by synthesizing data & obtaining organizational buy-in through effective communication
- Responsible for being an executive business leader for key business intelligence & executive-level reporting of business health
- Act as the primary data liaison between Marketing, Product, Finance, & other departments - drive cross-functional alignment & interface directly with leadership to elevate transparency across the organizations & to define & build data-informed business strategy & roadmaps
- Lead the Business Intelligence team & collaborate with the Data Science & Analytics team on evolving the data infrastructure, implementing reporting solutions, & running data projects
- Partner with business operations leads to identify areas of improvement, bottlenecks, possible solutions, & determine business requirements
- Solve complex business problems; communicate complex solutions through storytelling
- Work very closely with the Data Science & Analytics team to develop data governance, aligning the business on metrics definition & maintaining the quality frameworks
- Prioritize a pipeline of data requirements (e.g. support requests, ad-hoc analysis, & data projects), perform prioritization, establish timelines, & execute the projects
- Champion efforts across the company to collect, manage, & use internal & external data to drive better decision making
Requirements & Experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience managing teams & successfully delivering analytic solutions, ideally in an eCommerce environment and/or a global technology company
- Strong analytical background with business acumen, & heavy experience in business & analytical consulting
- Possess a commanding knowledge of business intelligence for both B2B & B2C business models
- Strong statistical knowledge, ability to manipulate data & draw insights from large data sets, & proficiency in SQL & data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, DOMO, etc., a must
- Robust understanding of online measurement & analytics, with the ability to provide meaningful & actionable insights & analysis. Digital attribution experience strongly preferred
- Expert level communication skills with a track record in relating technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Extensive experience attracting, managing, coaching, & retaining high-performing team
- Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS, mathematics, finance, statistics, or 10 years Business Intelligence experience required
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers & Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, & want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 330 million images & more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The companys brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V