Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Role:
Data scientists at Rent the Runway create data products that have tangible effects on our customer experience & internal operations. You will own projects end to end, from framing which problems to tackle through transforming information from our complex data ecosystem into actionable insights, & ultimately building & integrating products into our network of services in collaboration with our engineering team.
Your work will impact all parts of our business: predicting future demand, determining what inventory assortment to buy, personalizing the onboarding experience, predicting whether a garment will fit a customer before they try it on, optimally pricing clothing rentals & sales, establishing the right network of warehouses to best serve our customers, investigating how we can improve customer service by serving the right information at the right time, etc.
What Youll Do:
- Work on a team of peers in an environment that will keep you constantly challenged & learning new things every day.
- Develop & deploy performant algorithms powering customer-facing applications that are core to our business & success.
- Collaborate closely in an equal partnership with our business, product & engineering teams.
- Have a significant voice both in what you work on & how the work is carried out.
- A strong academic background in a quantitative field, for example computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, etc.
- 3+ years work experience building software or data products, preferably with python & supporting tools & infrastructure (e.g. git, Docker, TensorFlow, AWS & similar).
- Passion for data & its ability to drive serious business impact.
- Experience transforming vague problems into algorithmic solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Owners mindset & a bias to action. No job is too big or too small.
- An innate curiosity & an open mind.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.