Shutterstocks Social Media Manager will manage primary social channels across multiple brands. This highly collaborative, & data driven role will utilize data to identify trending content & help optimize the distribution across social media channels. Working as part of the global social media team, this position will be responsible for crafting & curating content & storytelling that supports the business & delivers value to our audiences, as well as scheduling & offering customer & contributor support, where necessary.
The Social Media Manager will implement our strategy for storytelling & audience development on different platforms, assessing performance & adjusting the strategy to yield optimal results. Working closely with teams across the organization, including Content Marketing, CRM, Events & Creative, the Social Media Manager will identify new potential audiences & develop strategies to reach them reviewing existing & new mediums.
Visual intelligence & a general sense for visually appealing images & video is essential to promote the Shutterstock collection. A knowledge of design & video editing tools is ideal for this role to craft compelling visuals that supports the accompanied messages & content. The candidate should also have a passion for social media & a strong curiosity for pop culture & industry trends.
Responsibilities will include:
- Craft SEO optimized social content & curate compelling visual content that supports our long-term social media & business goals.
- Day to day management of Shutterstocks social properties including real-time Editorial coverage for tentpole events & breaking news.
- Develop plans & proactive social media tactics to support product announcements, corporate news & marketing campaigns.
- Developing & establishing strategies for audience engagement & growth.
- Work with Global Customer Care to ensure that customer & contributor queries are responded to in a timely reactive fashion.
- Enhance the development & maintenance of department processes, procedures & analytics.
- Collaborate with communications, marketing & content teams, to best represent the brand.
- Develop data reports, monitor performance, assess metrics & track success to yield ROI.
- Work with platforms & channel partners at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Social Studio, Bit.ly & others.
- Develop metrics reports to guide initiatives & monitor the health of the communities.
- 3-5 years relevant social media, communications or marketing experience.
- Passion for results & sense of urgency to accomplish goals.
- BA degree in related field marketing, creative, communications or journalism.
- Experience with data & measuring social media through a range of tools. including Google Analytics, Social Studio, Social Platforms.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline & results-driven environment.
- A willingness to embrace change, feedback & to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Exceptional organizational & creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience working with photo & video editing technology.
- Curiosity to explore new ideas & experiments.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V