Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.
Flexport has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team. Finance is central to Flexports success - creating transparency of companys performance, financials, risks & internal controls, & building the people, process & product needed for the future of Flexport.
We're looking for a Staff Accountant with this mission. You will prepare reconciliations & perform other ad hoc tasks. This person will operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment.
What youll do:
- Work closely with the accounting & finance teams in order to prepare complete, accurate, & timely reconciliations.
- Partner with Senior Accountants on tasks & action items.
- Have a focus on analysis & reconciliations.
- Work cross functionally with other finance departments.
- Ask questions to expand knowledge & understanding.
- Provide timely updates regarding work load & status regarding deadlines.
What youll need:
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting
- CPA license (active or inactive) or plan to sit for the exam preferred
- 1-3 years of working experience
- Strong acumen for detail & willingness to learn
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Desire to build strong, cohesive relationships within the team
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont! be Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is & why improving global trade can help to connect the world & break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.