TripleLift is seeking an experienced senior data engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a senior data engineer, you will be responsible for leading our data team which is tasked with building & improving our data pipeline & reporting infrastructure. This team supports a variety of applications a Lambda architecture pipeline in Spark, a dependency & scheduling system using Airflow, & the corresponding set of data driven APIs & front end components.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising thats helpful & effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless & focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, & connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industrys first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, & has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry & is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Own a mission critical codebase thats at the heart of TripleLifts value proposition;
- Contribute & monitor our data pipeline that handles billions of daily ad requests & more than a hundred unique daily events;
- Research & implement cutting edge technologies that improve the performance of our data pipeline;
- Design our systems that are able to handle an order of magnitude growth in data;
- Mentor & coach others on the engineer team around data engineering best practices.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Experience working on big data engineering pipelines that required a distributed systems approach;
- Strong knowledge of SQL for both transactional & analytical use cases;
- Experience with Spark & Scala;
- Comfortable working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka;
- Familiarity with a job scheduling & dependency system, such as Airflow;
- Knowledge of Druid is a big plus;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects & showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly & independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to accept feedback & constructive critique positively;
- Solid understanding of different design patterns & their associated tradeoffs;
- Extremely strong & demonstrable work ethic.
- Apache Spark & Scala for our Lambda architecture
- Airflow for our job scheduling & dependencies
- PHP7 & Symfony to power our reporting APIs
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Redshift & Druid as our main data stores
- Amazon Web Services, Docker, & Kubernetes to power our services
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience.
New York, NY
Benefits & Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary & performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, & meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general & nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, & the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.