At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Cloudflares Security team secures Cloudflare itself, & the services we provide to help build a better Internet. We need to solve big security challenges at scale. Just how big?
- spans 165 data centers in 76 countries,
- serving 5 to 10 million requests per second,
- leveraging 25 terabits of aggregate network capacity,
- protecting over 12 million domains,
- and securing 2.8 billion people every month.
As a program manager focused on Access Management, you will:
- Rebuild, then manage our global Access Management program. This includes defining, then implementing our strategy & roadmap for managing logical access to our internal & third party tools, services, & systems.
- Develop an objective, risk-based, & automatable decision framework for granting access.
- Revamp internal access approval, escalation, & oversight workflows.
- Oversee all operations relating to access management & role based access control.
- Directly manage access approval & escalation workflows. Streamline where feasible.
- Provide direct oversight to sensitive access needs, including coordinating necessary approvals & ensuring decisions made are in alignment with program principles.
- Work with our Engineers to automate the access management lifecycle where possible. This includes writing technical requirements, project managing development efforts, running & testing pilots & proof of concepts, & rolling out changes & updates.
- Craft technical requirements & project manage development efforts to streamline & automate
- Manage access lists for internal & third party tools, services, & systems & conduct cadenced audits to maintain integrity of the access lists.
- Partner with our Security Governance, Risk & Compliance team to refresh access policies as well as regularly update role based access control standards.
- Support our initiatives around Identity & Access Management (IAM) & Role-Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Generate cadenced program updates, reports & metrics for internal stakeholders.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 3+ years of experience with identity & access management in a technical environment
- Experience building out programs globally & from the ground up in a technical environment
- Have an engineering mindset when solving problems
- Equally adept at strategy formulation & tactical execution
- Strong change management & communication skills
- Exceptional empathy & integrity. Demonstrated success in earning trust across a broad variety of stakeholders & making principled decisions
- Ability to influence & motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience in or desire to work with multiple time zones & multiple cross functional teams, including travel as needed
- Ability to effectively prioritize & advance a large number of projects simultaneously
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.