Lyft is looking for a passionate problem solver who wants to change the future of cities & transportation by joining our Strategy & Planning (S&P) team for Lyfts Bikes & Scooters (LBS).
The S&P organization is responsible for improving, testing, & scaling Lyfts micromobility business line, including electric bikes, electric scooters, & public transit. The S&P team is a nimble & highly impactful team, responsible for shaping business strategy, driving strategic accountability, & partnering with all functions to provide critical guidance, insights & strategic frameworks.
The Senior Strategy Analyst role is responsible for pushing our thinking beyond the here & now. They are responsible for digging into data, uncovering insights, then developing & socializing a thesis on how LBS succeeds in the micromobility space. They are deeply analytical, have strong business judgement, & are able to blend big picture thinking with detail derived insights.
- See The Future: relentlessly identify new ideas, develop hypothesis that push the business forward & use data to rigorously prioritize how we deploy our resources.
- Set Our Strategy: Work closely with & advise business leaders across the company on topics ranging from specific analyses & go-to-market plans to roadmaps for hitting OKRs.. Examples include: developing our eBikes pricing strategy, roadmapping our path to profitability, & prioritizing geographic expansion.
- Find Facts & Uncover Insights: Leverage data to help improve our collective understanding of what drives success in our business. Uncover opportunities for efficiency & growth from algorithmic tweaks to tectonic shifts in strategy.
- Build Relationships: Interface with other functional areas (Finance, Product, Marketing, Public Affairs, Legal, Engineering, People Operations, etc.) to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems.
- 3+ years experience in investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, great collaborator & an excellent disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity & delivery.
- Strategic vision & creativity. You constantly challenge the status quo & push to find what's next.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills. Proficiency in SQL strongly preferred
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.