Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Manager to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Claims Process Design & Strategy team at Oscar ensures claims adjudication, manages supporting processes, & services our partners. We implement & improve operations in our department using technology & process-based solutions to achieve outstanding performance, & differentiate Oscar from our competitors.
You will have oversight of onboarding new clients onto the +Oscar claims platform & servicing existing clients. This will include running implementation & expansion activities & will require an in-depth understanding of our capabilities. You & your team will do this by working with partners across the organization to coordinate these programs & implement both independently & through others.
You will report to the Director, Insurance Operations. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York City office & part of the time working remotely.
- Lead a motivated team
- Provide structure & support for your team, allowing them to keep their focus on delivering programs
- Work with technical partners to achieve the next generation of health insurance operations
- Become a trusted partner to our Insurance organization & platform partners, allowing delivery of growth & expansion targets
- Develop a strategy for onboarding new platform clients allowing execution & your team to grow
- Lead team to surface data, process, & technology issues through identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations; partner to develop end-to-end strategy that uses these insights to grow
- Manage team strategy including quarterly goal setting & multi-year roadmap
- Support your team & leadership by guiding decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- A bachelor's degree or 4 years of operations experience
- 6+ years of work in health plan operations, health insurance, or data analysis or consulting in the healthcare space
- 3+ years of experience developing operational teams
- 2+ years of experience managing or improving claims processes
- Experience developing project plans coordinating with all partners
- Experience designing & improving workflows & standing up accompanying operating & technical procedures
- Expert in Excel / Google Sheets (can write advanced macros)
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training
- Experience with claims processing
- Proficient+ in SQL
- Startup experience
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.