4 out of 5 small businesses are denied from credit due to lack of data & Enigma is tackling that problem head-on through our product real-time data about the health of every business in the U.S.
As we gain traction quickly, we are expanding our operational capabilities to keep pace. We are hiring a Finance & Growth Associate who will execute & improve our finance & operations stack while working across teams to enable strategic & commercial growth.
You'll play an instrumental role in helping Enigma grow into the worlds leading data & technology company through strategic thinking, resourcefulness, creativity, & commitment to execution. You will understand the financial & operational drivers of our business at a granular level, providing critical support spanning all areas of the business by taking on a wide range of strategic financial & analytical projects. As the Finance & Growth Associate you will be working with the team to maintain & create new operational, corporate, & finance processes & will execute on high-value strategic tasks to help unlock Enigmas next phase.
You believe in the transformative power of data & are excited by its potential to transform how companies do business. You embrace responsibility: the buck stops with you. You have demonstrated expert financial modeling skills, high attention to detail, & an entrepreneurial mindset. You demonstrate strong business acumen & know how to frame, understand, & respond to tough questions & murky analytical situations. You are analytical, creative, curious, & resourceful. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. Youre an extraordinary listener, communicator, teammate, and, most importantly, take pride in your work.
What Makes This Job Interesting:
- Timing: you will be joining Enigma as we are hitting our commercial stride & when finance & strategic input will be crucial for enabling further business growth.
- Impact: your ability to enable business & commercial intelligence while coordinating with multiple stakeholders will enable improved decision-making across the organization.
- Ownership: you will oversee & guide important processes, managing a diverse set of stakeholders, to ensure that critical finance & operational process are executed well.
We Are Looking For Someone Who Will:
- Improve & maintain Enigmas core financial & operational processes with integrity, attention to detail, & a desire to always iterate & improve.
- Level up Enigmas dashboarding & business intelligence capabilities across functions to enable faster, smarter, & better decision making.
- Enable improved coordination between teams & serve as a strategic & operational ally across functions at the company.
- Coordinate external & internal resources to guide through complex processes like audit, month-end close, & our day-to-day expense processes.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelors degree or applicable prior experience.
- 2-4+ years of work experience, ideally in TMT/B2B-focused investment banking, consulting, hedge funds, private equity/VC, or comparable work in a technology company.
- Experience creating 3-statement financial models & using financial & operational models to make or recommend strategic decisions.
- Working understanding of accounting principles & financial concepts, including how accounting & financial KPIs translate to business impact & strategy.
- Excel wizardry, including making robust, modular, & easy-to-understand models & dashboards that are easily shareable.
- Strong communication skills, both in presentations & in speaking with others. Experience with condensing complex information to relevant points.
- Collaborative mindset with a desire to work on teams & work with others to solve difficult problems.
- Proficiency at creating dashboards & intelligence tools in Excel, Google Sheets, or BI platforms to share with broader teams to enable fast & informer strategic decisions.
- Driven & focused work-ethic, including an ability to prioritize properly & balance many different projects, including time-sensitive or urgent deliverables.
- Track record of thinking creatively & coming up with unique problems for difficult problems or reinventing & improving outdated processes.
- Passionate about Enigmas mission & for the ability of data to solve really challenging problems.
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.