Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial & real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence & delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies & academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk & optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers & partners worldwide & empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Data & Analytics, you will lead the go-to-market for some of Medidata’s most innovative products. These products are beginning to receive industry recognition for their innovative capabilities in the realms of clinical trial genomics & synthetic control arms.
You will work closely with the Senior Director of Product Marketing on customer insights, go-to-market plans, messaging & content, lead generation, & field marketing tactics. To thrive in this role, it will be important that you’re equally comfortable with market research, analysis, messaging, enablement, campaign creation, & writing content. This position requires a poised self-starter who can run with direction as well as take initiative in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Develop go-to-market plans for each launch including positioning, messaging, sales enablement materials, internal & external communication materials, promotional activities, & other deliverables, as appropriate
- In time, identify & evaluate new verticals for business develop & identify key problems & purchase drivers
- Be in market often so that you are at the pulse of customer needs & how our evolving offering needs to be shaped to meet those needs
- Research & report competitor capabilities & initiatives
- Collaborate with product teams to appropriate product roadmap & position & bring to market new capabilities
- Conceive & create thought leadership & educational content to broaden the awareness & understanding of our product
- Provide marketing support to the sales team in researching prospects & generating & customizing collateral & presenting at customer meetings
- Create customer personas which will serve as inspiration & guides for marketing initiatives
- Initiate, manage, & optimize lead-gen activities including trade conferences, webcasts, email marketing, & SEM
- Learn & demonstrate the platform during customer-facing presentations
- Generate customer success case studies through customer interviews & metrics from the platform
- Manage to an agreed schedule of deliverables & within agreed budgets. Manage oversight tools in support
- Knowledge & experience in the development, marketing and/or sales of enterprise software - especially hosted, web-based software
- A tight & fluid link between left & right brain, the position requires both creative & analytical skills
- Excellent writing & editorial skills & proven content creation experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in designing & executing marketing & communications programs
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility & work autonomously in a professional manner
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Computer Sciences or Life Sciences, or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, with knowledge & experience in the life science or technology industry
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.