There are millions of websites, mobile apps, & API services in the world. A large percentage of these apps require users to register, log in, etc. Okta wants to be the foundation upon which all these apps are built.
Our goal is to become the most used authentication & authorization service for developers worldwide.
To do this, we need your help!
We are looking for a strong, seasoned developer & writer with an eye for developer experience. You will play a leading role as part of the Developer Documentation team, which will help in the effort to make Okta an iconic developer brand.
As a Developer Documentation Engineer, you will be driving the direction of our developer documentation. We want developers to love & talk about our documentation as a critical resource for:
- A basic understanding of what Okta is
- How to integrate an application with Okta for authentication in five minutes or less
- Deeper learning of all that the Okta Developer Platform has to offer
You will participate in the developer community & be a key strategic advisor to our overall platform business. This role has a significant impact on our bottom line.
Your role on the team will be both to write developer documentation & contribute to building the best developer documentation experience for Okta developers in an effort to grow & support the documentation as a primary resource for developers. This will entail being an expert in how developers learn & consume documentation & other developer content. You should be a strong, polyglot developer & writer who is passionate about the latest & greatest approaches to reaching other developers through documentation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create & curate interesting educational content for developers on our documentation site: developer.okta.com/docs
- Work closely with product management & engineering to ensure that developer.okta.com & our API product is properly represented & easily understood by developers
- Within Okta, be a developer documentation subject matter expert & champion developer needs & priorities across product, engineering, & marketing
- Drive Oktas participation in, & engagement with, the open-source community
- Use metrics & data to drive activities & priorities
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years experience as a developer, developer advocate, or related role working on deeply technical products at leading technology companies
- A strong technical writer with solid English communication skills (writing & speaking)
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, & authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Deep understanding of developer communities & how to engage them productively
- Deep understanding of how to create a great developer documentation & content experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.