Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names. Were a profitable & fast growing organization looking for talented, self-directed individuals who combine technical know-how with excellent writing abilities.
Youre a writer with some coding experience who gets excited about connecting with the developer community. Youve used (or better yet, engaged with) Stack Overflow, Github, & Hacker News. You always keep your finger on the pulse of todays most exciting open source projects, machine learning frameworks, & web protocols. Youll produce original content for our blog, newsletter, & social media. Youre able to set a strategic vision just as well as you can execute, & youre excited about building something (and fixing what isnt working). Above all, youre about getting results.
What youll do:
- Write original essays, how-to pieces, & interviews with clients & community members. Source your own ideas & be open to taking assignments.
- Get to know our community, build relationships with moderators & users, & find ways to identify & highlight the best user generated content .
- Partner with the Product, Community, & Sales teams to create compelling ideas for content projects that can engage our community, grow our online audience, & support our lines of business.
- Help to research & write in-depth case studies & white papers about the value our tools bring to clients & community. Integrate written analysis with data & graphics to make your message shine.
What you need to have:
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience, with experience communicating to developers preferred.
- Familiarity with the online communities where developers & people who hire developers congregate.
- Fluency in social media & the most up-to-date memes making the rounds among developers, engineers, hiring managers, & CIOs.
- Empathy for, & understanding of, developers (how they think, work, learn, communicate, & find jobs).
- Proficient with developer marketing tactics & techniques.
- Familiarity with content marketing & product marketing best practices.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.