Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information advertising, & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities & communities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or brands to leverage data in targeting audiences & measuring impact, , our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the Role?
As a Technical Services Engineer, you will be part of the first line of support for seven hundred employees across the country focused mainly on our NYC Office located at 10 Hudson Yards. You will assist your colleagues & troubleshoot issues from our office, log tickets in our ticketing system, escalate issues needing higher-level attention & contribute to the success of ongoing internal projects. We are looking for empathetic, curious engineers who enjoy taking on new challenges & working collaboratively.
Within your first month, you will:
- Get to know the team
- Understand the end users technology & support needs
- Work to get access to all key systems & tools used by the Technical Services team
- Spend the first two weeks partnering with senior members of the team to assist in the resolution of tickets.
- By the 3rd & 4th week resolve tickets through ZenDesk individually using team members & existing documentation as resources
- Highlight & make note of any opportunities to improve onboarding processes & improve on documentation/troubleshooting guides
Within your first year, you will:
- Have a solid grasp of all our SaaS services with a special focus on around G-Suite & Okta
- Be able to assist in all Tier 1 & 2 tickets independently & have authored or improved at least 10 knowledge base or how-to articles
- Meet KPI standards in line & exceeding current expectations across the team for customer satisfaction & ticket handling/closure
- Provide meaningful contributions to improve the technical capabilities of the team by taking ownership, as a primary or secondary resource, to maximize usage of current & newly adopted services & platforms maintained by the team
- Obtain training or certification in key technical areas & support systems in alignment with management
You are great for this role because:
- You have excellent written & oral communication skills
- You're able to learn quickly
- You have a passion for & curiosity about technology
- You're enthusiastic about providing great service
- You have a solid grasp of technical fundamentals
- You're familiar with:
- You have a troubleshooting mindset
- You take pride in your documentation
- You're able to configure Android & iOS mobile phones
- You have a strong grasp of networking & programming fundamentals
- You have experience with macOS Windows Server 2008, 2012
- You have experience with managing Windows Active Directory
- You have experience with remote assistance software like LogMeIn & Bomgar
- Youre not afraid of A/V support
- You're proficient with applications/services like
- Adobe Creative Suite
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status & all other legally protected characteristics.