Join one of our core speech technology teams for a 10 week (minimum) paid internship. Participation requires that you are located in Canada for the duration of the internship program.
In this role you will:
- Apply deep learning techniques & neural networks to improve acoustic models for Automatic Speech Recognition
- Innovate on state-of-the-art deep learning systems for speech recognition
We would love to hear from you if:
- You are currently enrolled in a Master's or Ph.D. program in Computer Science or in a related quantitative discipline
- You are available to work full-time for a minimum of 10 weeks outside of university term time
- You have experience with modern machine learning techniques
- You have experience with deep learning frameworks such as Caffe, TensorFlow, Torch, PyTorch, & MxNet
- You take pride in your writing clean C++ or Python code in a Linux environment
- You enjoy working with algorithms, probability, & statistics
We'd be especially excited if you are familiar with speech recognition, computer vision, or pattern recognition. Also, don't forget to mention if you are familiar with digital signal processing (DSP) principles, noise reduction, or echo cancelation.
At SoundHound, we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, were trusted by top brands around the globe. Houndify, our independent Voice AI platform, with 70,000+ users, allows brands to create custom voice assistants that deliver results with unprecedented speed & accuracy.
Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally. Were making that a reality through our SoundHound music discovery app & Hound voice assistant & through our strategic partnerships with brands like Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Deutsche Telekom, & Pandora. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
Our diverse team of engineers, UX/UI designers, writers, data scientists & linguists are all passionate about creating a world with more conversations. With more than 14 years of expertise in voice technology, we have hundreds of millions of end users, & a worldwide team in six countries building solutions for a voice-first world.