At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active & growing in 10+ different countries across 3 continents. Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal & we have launched facilities across Canada & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced & strategy-driven procurement expert who is looking to take on the challenge of revolutionizing our end-to-end sourcing process. Reporting to the Senior Director, Procurement, you will develop & implement cross-category strategic sourcing processes, contract/vendor management practices, & drive other areas of continuous improvement. We are looking for a hands-on, numbers-driven leader with a focus on impact & action. You will have decision making authority that will impact the entire company.
- Manage, develop, & mentor a team of category managers (ingredients & packaging) in Canada; coach & mentor peer managers & procurement leads
- Develop & implement standardized strategic sourcing practices across all ingredient & packaging categories
- Oversee & develop a comprehensive set of supplier/contract management processes, including systems & tools
- Leverage internal/external networks & industry benchmarks to understand, recommend, & implement best practices that optimize processes, reduce risk, & increase profitability
- Manage supply risk by building/fortifying a supplier base in alignment with company objectives & values, & emerging product needs
- Determine when additional or alternate sources are required, & implement proactive strategies to minimize product flow disruptions
- Develop procurement analytics frameworks (including market, supplier, & SKU analysis) to identify/prioritize opportunities for cost reduction
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, both internally & externally with our vendors, through data-driven reporting, effective project management, use of retrospectives, & by identifying new capabilities & processes that drive efficiency & improve our cost structure
- Key focus areas will include: vendor negotiations, quality improvement, vendor scorecard management, new product development, claims management, team structure, etc.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships & partner with our supply chain team, our distribution centres across Canada, & our project delivery teams to drive both immediate & sustained benefits to the company & our customers
- Be the subject matter expert in all things related to procurement & strategic sourcing
At a minimum, you have:
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain or related discipline; CPM certification a plus; MBA a plus
- At least 8 years of experience in strategic sourcing and/or management consulting
- Deep knowledge & interest in strategic sourcing & continuous improvement processes
- Experience managing & leading a team of direct & indirect reports
- The ability to build & effectively communicate a strategic plan to employees at all levels within an organization
- Quantitative & analytical experience (either through education or professional experience), including expertise with G-Suite, Excel, Tableau, & procurement systems
- Obsessed with food!
- An innovative & strategic thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit - you make things happen
- A negotiations expert with strong financial acumen & a comprehensive understanding of industry best practices
- An analytical problem solver who uses data to drive decisions
- Proactive & accountable: you take ownership of your work & think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change & limited direction
- Comfortable making split-second decisions with far reaching consequences
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary & company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate boxes
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office - work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. We like to have fun & hold all-staff events for holidays, occasions, & milestone celebrations
- Were a social group even remotely - from team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays, theres always something happening for you to participate in
- Our delicious recipes are tested in the office, & you can grab a bite (or a plate)! Otherwise, theres a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks.
While our HQ is working remotely at the moment, weve kept the work-hard, play-hard energy up virtually!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.