Denodo is looking for a creative, focused, well-organized & highly-motivated individual to drive their Partner & Channel Sales in Italy. This individual will win, maintain, & expand relationships with channel, reseller, & systems integrator / consulting partners & is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, & partner recruitment objectives. The role carries an Indirect / Influenced Sales quota & requires working closely with marketing to drive joint demand-generation & with Direct Sales colleagues in the field to accelerate opportunities through partners. Operating at a strategic level, the candidate will help create new programs & incentives to grow partner ecosystem for sales & services that meet the needs of both partners & customers, so this position is not routine.
Recruitment, Enablement, Development
• Proactively recruits new qualifying partners
• Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
• Proactively assesses, clarifies, & validates partner needs, gaps & requirements to be successful on an ongoing basis.
• Develop training materials, create presentations for resellers. Coordinate with other company teams to deliver adequate partner training for business & technical skills
• Leads solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company & partner personnel.
Sales Planning & Execution
• Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, & critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
• Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including direct sales, marketing, support, services, & management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives & partners' expectations.
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume & strategic objectives in assigned territory & partner accounts.
• Depending on the territory may achieve revenue goals working in several sales models:
1. Direct territories: Generate opportunities through partners & connect with Denodo direct sales teams in those territories to consummate sale
2. Indirect-only territories: Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
3. VARs: Enable partner organizations to handle unassisted sales to end users
• Build a strong partner pipeline through co-marketing programs, account & field mapping of company & partner sellers
• Provide regular governance, reporting, & management of indirect & joint/co-selling activities
General Partner Management
• Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally & externally, & through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
• Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
• Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
• Monitors performance of partners & coaches them to higher levels of success.
• Assist the overall business development team with partner marketing & support activities to enhance the partner program.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
• Achieves assigned sales quota (Indirect / Partner Sales) in the territory. Achieve intermediate metrics for partner-driven sales activity, client meetings, & opportunities.
• Completes partner account plans that meet company standards.
• Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
• Completes required training & development objectives within the assigned time frame.
• Achieve assigned goals for growing Denodo-certified consultants in partner firms
• Reports to the Business Development Director EMEA.
• Enlists the support of territory direct sales, inside sales, marketing, service resources, & other sales & management resources as needed.
• Closely coordinates company executive involvement with partner & end-user customer management as appropriate.
• BS/BA or higher degree
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in a similar role with a strong focus on indirect sales & channel development for a software company.
• Track record of results-oriented sales & partner management that sets & achieves metrics for partner recruiting, enablement, opportunity generation, revenue.
• Excellent knowledge & experience of the workings of reseller, systems integrator & consulting ecosystem. Past relationships & network is a plus.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills to be able to interact with technical & business counterparts both within & outside the company.
• Professional sales training would be an advantage but not essential.
• Willingness to travel around 25-50%.
• Be a team worker with a positive attitude.