Who we are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding.
What you'll do:
The Service Technician provides genuine anticipatory service to clients & participants in all aspects of meeting & conference services. The purpose of this position is to interact with our clients & ensure they have a great experience at Convene. He/she works in partnership with the Culinary, Production & Technology teams to ensure we are exceeding the expectations of our clients. At all times, the Service Technician is expected to be attentive to our client needs & make them feel welcome, important & relaxed. Our employees carry our Core Values every day: genuine, relentless, integrity & teamwork.
- Greet all clients with enthusiasm & friendliness
- Maintain a warm & friendly demeanor at all times
- Provide world-class service in accordance with our Brand Standards
- Set up, replenish, maintain, & breakdown Food & Beverage stations
- Accommodate special client needs & last minute requests
- Develop relationships with clients
- Accurately answer client questions about culinary & our spaces in a friendly manner
- Read, understand & execute Program Execution Orders
- Follow checklists & Standard Operating Procedures
- Set up & breakdown conference rooms & refreshing rooms as needed
- Perform facility maintenance
- Maintain safe, clean, organized, & well-stocked work areas
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, & proper food handling
- Have full knowledge of menus, recipes, & other pertinent information
- Perform opening, mid-shift, & closing duties in accordance with company standards
- Perform cleaning duties including: wiping down tables & chairs, cleaning glasses, washing dishes, polishing glass & silverware, & making rollups
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Maintain professional working relationships with team
- Perform additional duties as assigned
What we look for:
- High school/GED diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of server experience
- Basic knowledge of food & beverage
- Proven excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven good organizational skills
- Must be highly motivated & ready to lead other team members
- Proficient in multi-tasking
- Food Hygiene or Food Handling Certificate preferred
- TIPS Certification preferred
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead & below the knees
- Ability to stand, sit & walk for an extended period of time
At Convene, were changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design & service the next generation office building one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated workplace-as-a-service platform gives building tenants & enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting & event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, & curated experiences for users, all connected by Convenes proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, & Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 & plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.