Sales Director at Group Nine Media: a passionate seller with the right mix of experience - ad sales (specifically on social platforms) & a proven record of both acquiring new business & building/maintaining client relationships.
A typical week includes
- Scheduling & leading a minimum of 5-7 offsite meetings/week
- Spending consistent time with your agencies
- Helping advertisers build & execute effective campaigns, measure results, & renew/up-sell
- Working alongside cross-functional teammates to get your work done. This includes sales marketing, media planning, rev ops, creative strategists, etc.
- Quarter backing internal brainstorms for client initiatives
Success will look like
- Quarterly revenue targets are knocked out of the park. You generate a high volume of sales, prospects, presentations, RFPs, & deals
- Pipeline is your lifeline - you live & breathe relationship building/management. This looks like agencies & clients thinking of you as a strategic partner
- Theres no such thing as a problem you cant solve. By having your finger on the pulse & leverage market knowledge, youre able to offer creative solutions that clients cant get anywhere else
The next great Sales Director will have
- Industry Experience: youve worked in digital media
- Prior Success: your track record of success is a mile long, whether in sales, sports, school, etc.
- Passion: you get excited about the work you do & your energy is contagious
- Interpersonal Skills: you have strong relationships with major advertisers, advertising agencies, & social agencies. In addition, you are great at collaborating internally & gaining buy-in.
- Coachability: your ability to absorb & apply feedback is second to none
- Curiosity: status quo is not your thing. You are always interested in learning more about prospects & youre willing to ask probing questions
- Intelligence: mastering a subject or skill, no matter how simple or complex, is never a limiting factor for you
- Strong Work Ethic: you put in the time & energy it takes to get the job done
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity. Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea. Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.