Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
This role will successfully implement best-in-class payroll & benefits management to develop people, & processes. The Senior Manager will manage payroll & benefits across the globe, analyze employee programs, research issues, & track usage data. The role includes performing all activities necessary to process & oversee regional payrolls for employees, maintaining related records, documenting, & updating procedures, & streamlining our systems & processes. The position is also accountable for the management of the day-to-day payroll & benefits activities & providing support to the Talent, Finance, & other internal/external clients. Participate in other Talent Operations team duties as needed.
What you'll work on:
- Manage payroll activities & or program components to ensure efficient department functionality, including compliance with all country, federal, state, & local tax laws, company policies & procedures.
- Ability to manage international payrolls (UK, Ireland, etc), assisting with creating appropriate segregation of duties & oversight to ensure protection of PII (Personal Identifiable information).
- Partner with internal departments including finance, IT, & legal, security, compliance, & manage external payroll service vendor relationships including PEOs & EOR.
- Develop & oversee the preparation of various payroll related documents (e.g. SOC1 reports, retirement plan transfers, payroll registers, stop payments, W2 controls, etc.).
- Remain current on new legislation & regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Enforce adherence & advise management on required actions.
- Ensure accurate & timely payment & reporting of compensation payable to employees.
- Review & approve all Regional payroll funding, wires, & manual check requests.
- Develop & implement appropriate payroll related policies & procedures (both systematic & user functional) to ensure data integrity, while minimizing manual effort, to ensure compliance.
- Implement new approaches, policies & procedures that affect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed.
- Function as a liaison between benefit carriers & employees
- Ensures accuracy of enrollment data & performs regular audits.
- Ensure the accurate administration of all US employee benefits programs.
- Manage third party relationships including plan administrators, brokers, carriers, etc.
- Ensure compliance with required legal documents, reports & filings.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 5+ years payroll experience required; international payroll experience preferred
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong service orientation & accountability to problem resolution & end user support
- CPP highly preferred
- Strong background in payroll tax payments & filings
- Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service & problem-solving skills & the ability to work accurately & meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to assess team members' performance & provide motivational support
- Strong vendor relationship building skills
- Ability to identify & solve complex problems utilizing available resources
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team setting
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.