Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About the Team
We believe in team-based component ownership, development & quality assurance. We value engineer involvement in all user stories from their inception through deployment & monitoring. Our teams have great autonomy & responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies & approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
We're looking for a passionate Senior Frontend Engineer with the skills & courage to challenge, extend & improve our products.
What a day is like:
- Being a leader in taking product from concept to release, while enabling success of the product & the professional growth of your team
- Build robust, cross-device compatible UI & features, & ensure there is sufficient coverage with automated tests
- Brainstorming & white-boarding technical & product architecture options with your team
- Identifying & implementing solutions to improve engineering productivity
You're perfect for this role if:
You are immersed & energized by new trends, frameworks & technologies, & have the ability to evaluate the longer-term value & quality of new developments.
Are you ready to do the following?
- Strike a balance between shipping soon & finding a perfect solution, & understand the tradeoffs in a situation
- Develop & maintain a world-class responsive frontend framework, & engage in discussions about making both incremental & drastic changes
- Engage in discussions about & contribute solutions towards making both incremental & drastic changes in our frontend framework
- Writing high-quality, unit-tested, peer-reviewed code
At our Headquarters in San Francisco, you'll be surrounded by the best & brightest in the industry, as well as a few of our furry friends. Your colleagues are wicked smart & some of the kindest & nicest people around. We're never assholes. You'll be given the opportunity to do creative problem solving for issues that actually matter, & have a real impact on the projects you are driving.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours & vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch provided daily from local SF eateries & snacks
- Fully paid 6 months parental leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision benefits
- Life, short & long-term disability insurance
- Wellness & volunteer Programs
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings & much more!
This is a full-time role based in our downtown San Francisco office.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.