As the Director, Professional Services Project Management Office (PMO), you will be responsible for ensuring customer implementations of NS1s DDI solution are efficient, effective, & deliver an uncompromised level of satisfaction. Initially, you will be leading these engagements. However, as the level of customer deployments grow, you will be expected to recruit & hire a team of Project Managers & Project Administrators.
The NS1 Director, PS Project Management Office, is a highly visible, highly strategic position that requires an experienced operator. This person must be capable of implementing, building, & deploying all the critical processes of a world-class project management organization. The ideal PMO leader is highly organized, possesses the knowledge, experience, & maturity to manage a complex technical solution across a vast set of customers. You will be expected to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. You are responsible for partnering cross-functionally through-out the organization, communicating status & reporting on multiple operational metrics.
The Director, PS Project Management Office is a critical position within the Professional Services organization. This individual will need to manage a portfolio of engagements, with a global team of professional services engineers, aligning skills, within the expected timeframes. Additionally, this person must be vigilant in ensuring that SKUs and/or SOWs that are sold, are delivered accordingly, minimizing scope creep, alerting management to critical issues, & communicating to all responsible parties. Working collaboratively with the other members of the Global Services team, you will need to ensure that the resources assigned meet the needs of the engagement, all milestones are met, associated deliverables provided to the customer, & risks are mitigated in an expeditious fashion. You will own all related metrics that demonstrate a highly successful project & an outstanding customer experience from sale through delivery. The ultimate goal is to accelerate the adoption, consumption, & expansion of NS1 in our customers essentially, increasing license sales.
The Director, PS Project Management Office is to manage & deliver successful outcomes for all engagements. To that end, you will also be responsible for addressing customer satisfaction issues related to these engagements. You will need to establish a culture that thinks customer first & is maniacal about customer success. Working collaboratively throughout NS1, you will be responsible to build relationships based on trust & execution.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
- Coordinate internal resources to deliver customer outcomes as sold
- Ensure all projects delivered within time, scope, quality, & cost constraints
- Assist in definition of project success criteria & objectives, involving relevant stakeholders & ensuring technical feasibility & desired quality
- Ensure resource availability & allocation
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor & track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, & project costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools & techniques
- Report & escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client & all stakeholders
- Run customer facing project status meetings as required
- Develop customer project status reports as required
- Manage project issues & risks
- Create & maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Foster relationships with customers enabling future account sales
- Familiarity with PSA systems & project dashboard creation
- Be customer & partner first
- Proactively manage customer/partner issues with professionalism & tact
- Assist in the creation and/or review of SOWs, MSAs, & other related documentation
- Maintain high levels of focus on CSAT & NPS
- Coordinate feedback & insight from customer engagements to improve the product, delivery kits & overall customer experience
- Identify best practice artifacts that can be packaged into delivery kits & shared with partners
- Help drive customer references & case studies
Ideally, youll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in project management
- Start-up type experience, with the ability to operate in a fluid & dynamic environment
- 10+ years relevant work experience program management
- Excellent client-facing & internal communication skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail & multi-tasking
- PMP / PRINCE II certification a plus
- Experience using PSA systems
- External customer-facing management experience a plus (including partners)
- Internal customer relationship management experience (i.e. sales, pre-sales, advisory services) a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas
- Experience acting as a player/coach & building teams
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.