NS1 optimizes delivery of the worlds most critical internet & enterprise applications. Only NS1s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data & grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, & IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, & automated system. NS1s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency & application performance, reliability, & security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora & The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
The Field CTO role is a high impact position that supports strategic sales opportunities with account teams, closely follows industry trends & direction to shape product priorities, & regularly evangelizes solutions & roadmaps as one of our thought-leading technical experts with customers, at industry conferences, trade shows, & partners. It is a unique role for the well-rounded technologist at heart with a functional technical background who also possesses deep industry knowledge in this space & a passion for helping customers solve problems.
As part of the GTM team, the Field CTO will play an instrumental role in expanding the strategic customer base, which includes many of the Fortune/Global 2000. You will be an escalation point for high impact customer engagements with practitioners to CXOs. Because this role will work with a wide array of stakeholders across many different teams, clear lines of cross-functional communication & feedback with multiple organizations is a must.
The role requires dynamic & engaging communications & presentation skills; verbal, written & visual. The successful candidate can engage & influence a varied audience, from C-level to managerial as well as internal product & engineering teams, & extract information that can be used by the sales team in future engagements. While based in the US, frequent travel to all areas within the US & occasional international travel is required.
What Youll Do:
- Help organizations understand how they can modernize their application infrastructure using the NS1 platform so that they can improve user experience, improve efficiency, assure security & reliability. Help them visualize a better future state & understand how they can get there with NS1.
- Communicate the value proposition of strategic & tactical concepts for complex enterprise use cases & the best practices for addressing them.
- Actively participate in account strategy discussions & help increase opportunity win percentages.
- Ability to act as an industry thought leader in both customer meetings & public settings.
- Stay close to industry trends in order to gain a deeper product understanding & share that knowledge with the NS1 GTM & product teams.
- Recent industry experience & deep technical background in distributed application development & management using technologies like DDI (DNS, DHCP & IP Address Management), SD-WAN, Public / Private Cloud, DevOps tools, & Cloud Native frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, & Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Ability to interact with & influence Senior Executives within the Fortune & Global 2000.
- Experience in a client-facing role explaining strategic & tactical concepts to customers required.
- Able to adeptly have a conversation with executives & then switching to a very technical conversation about solutions & features.
- Engineering/CS/MIS Bachelor's Degree or 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded Subject Matter Expert (SME) that has the technical depth to confidently present in front of audiences of all sizes.
- High-level understanding of the design principles for distributed computing architectures & microservices
- Strong verbal, written, & visual communication & presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Nice to have
- Experience working in technical roles on the client side
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.