About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You are passionate, curious, engaging, & a hands-on architect that will help customers realize the benefits of cloud native applications & architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering & platform architect teams to transform the way our customers build & run their software.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products & solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, & business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will typically:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, engineers, product managers & business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language & framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns & practices
- Coach & mentor customer developers, architects, product owners & operations people as we use agile/XP & techniques like TDD & CI/CD
- Discover, understand & and map existing SDLC processes & deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn & be at the leading edge of Pivotal & industry trends
- Be capable of rolling up your sleeves & putting your hands on the keyboard
- Join teams delivering application development services to customers if & when appropriate for the business
You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams to:
- Provide feedback on & contributions to community projects (likeSteeltoe.io) & frameworks built by the Pivotal team that continuously strive to improve the Microsoft developer experience
- Assist Pivotals customers in transitioning existing .NET apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure & app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotals customers to architect & build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel & work on-site with customers
- You are a great written & verbal communicator, capable of public speaking & presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style & cloud based application architectures
- Have an understanding of or implementation experience in building Twelve-Factor applications, & using Domain Driven Design
- You are a .NET expert, with experience & familiarity building Cloud & Azure applications using .NET Core & MVC; you have a strong background with Microsoft & related developer frameworks & products like Biztalk Server
- You are an Agile practitioner with8+ years of software development experience, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, & related techniques
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used Angular, C#, Java, Go, etc.)
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.