Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Essential Job Functions
The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications & systems of Visa up & running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business.
- Support critical applications & ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis & remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures & such. The role will also demand the ability to write & maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre & post production implementations.
- We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in the Open Systems Operations group. Candidate must have experienceof software development & applicationsupport, configuring, & troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases & associated devices. In addition to delivering technically, the candidate should be self-motivated, & have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university & 5+ years of experience in Software Development ORMS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university & 3+ years of experience in Software Development
- 5 years of experience programming in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, ASP.NET, C#.Net, &
- 5 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2015 or above Database, Reporting Services & Analysis Services
- 1 years of experience working in 24*7 environments
- 1 years of experience in scripting against windows i.e. PowerShell
- 1 year of experience with building tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency & productivity of Service desk & other operations groups
- 1 year of experience with SOA principles & Web Services technologies - XML, SOAP, WCF, RESTful
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, & implementing major components for large projects
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 or above & IIS 7/8.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Experience in OO design & design patterns
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing
- Experience with performance tuning & memory leak detection
- Experience with Middleware components - MSMQ & WebSphere MQ
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.