Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare. Foursquares toolkit empowers brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Foursquares R&D team, called Foursquare Labs, & our consumer apps round out our portfolio. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more than 14 billion consumer-verified place-visit confirmations, which help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
About This Position:
Foursquares Platform team takes on the challenges of working with the worlds largest consumer enterprises to leverage Foursquare Places, Foursquare Data Solutions & the power of the Foursquare Pilgrim SDK. We build tools & products that allow employees & clients to derive rich & meaningful insights about the real world.
As a Sales Engineer at Foursquare, you would be responsible for assisting to sell Foursquares Developer solutions & grow our client base with a focus on Enterprise clients. You would be a leader at understanding our customers & prospects needs, landscape of location technologies & use cases & developing the appropriate solution footprint & benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment & analysis to clearly define the business objectives & capabilities, & demonstrating how those requirements are supported using Foursquares Platform Products
- Partner with the Sales team during the sales process to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning & execution
- Utilize strong business acumen & technical ability, including best practices & business processes, to understand & communicate product/technical requirements & solutions strategy to enterprise customers & prospects
- Provide customer specific product demonstrations in support of requirements & business cases
- Complete technical responses to RFPs & RFIs
- Offer guidance on technical aspects of Foursquares solution as part of the sales process. Present yourself as a code-native with a just do it attitude; although youre joining a BD team, youre as technically-minded as any software engineer, where youre not afraid to open up a terminal to run some curls, use your favorite text editor to whip up a script, or even learn a new programming languageall in the name of helping our partners succeed
- Share a deep understanding of APIs, mobile development, & back-end architecture; you understand the tradeoffs that customers engineers make every day & can help them make the best decisions
- Help shape the evolution of our solutions by partnering with Account Management, Product Management, Product Marketing & Engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role or proven success as a technical subject matter expert.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with modern technologies, like SQL, Linux, RESTful APIs, mobile, web transport, & cloud platforms
- 3+ years of working within a multi-product, enterprise-focused organization
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Strong data analysis skills, & the ability to identify trends, outliers, correlations & reconciliation needs across large data sets
- Drive to keep current with technology trends & understand the competitive landscape
- Passion for technology & a love for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver & communicate technical topics to a business audience, & vice versa
- Ability to work independently, while managing multiple accounts & projects simultaneously; you are able to juggle many tasks at the same time, while prioritizing & having a sense of urgency
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills & passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 20% of the time
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.