The Data Engineering team develops modern data architecture approaches to meet key business objectives & provides end-to-end data solutions in a cloud native environment. Our industry leading distributed platform of networked devices, brings in a unique set of challenges around data engineering & distributed systems.
Reporting to the VP of Data, this role, you will build & lead a team of talented engineers that build big data pipelines & services using distributed computing tools, such as Spark, Flink, MapReduce, & Hadoop. These data pipelines are used to power experimentation, machine learning models, & dashboards across a variety of domains, including product innovation, advertising, pricing, messaging, partnerships & such.
You will work closely with a cross-functional team of product engineers, data scientists, & business stakeholders to help grow Peloton. The data your team produces will be used to help make business decisions & inform future product strategy.
As a Director, Data Engineering, you might spend a few weeks with a team on a deep technical review, helping them understand the potential that data brings to solve their most pressing problems. With other teams, you might be acting as the architect, leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a program inception to build a new data product. It could also be a software delivery project where you'd be expected to code & lead the team to implement the solution.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to managers & individual contributors on the team.
- Develop strong relationships with data science, engineering, & business partners, & improve how we leverage data to grow Peloton.
- Expand your team by attracting diverse talent that can push our technical boundaries.
- Foster an inclusive environment, where all points of view are welcomed & encouraged.
- Be a thoughtful leader, & drive both technical & business priorities & roadmaps.
- Multiple years of experience leading engineering teams that design & build distributed systems.
- Experience hiring & mentoring high-caliber, data-focused engineers that have diverse technical strengths & backgrounds.
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen, & interest in contributing to roadmaps & strategy discussions.
- Exceptional communication skills, & can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand language for business partners.
- Familiarity with experimentation (i.e., A/B testing) and/or machine learning is a plus.
- Youre passionate about craftsmanship & have applied your expertise across a range of industries & organizations
- You have a deep understanding of data modelling & experience with data engineering tools & platforms such as Kafka, Spark, & Hadoop
- You have built large-scale data pipelines & data-centric applications using any of the distributed storage platforms such as HDFS, S3, NoSQL databases (Hbase, Cassandra, etc.) & any of the distributed processing platforms like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Oozie, & Airflow in a production setting
- Hands on experience in MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks and/or cloud (AWS EMR, Azure HDInsights, Qubole etc.) based Hadoop distributions
- You are comfortable taking data-driven approaches & applying data security strategy to solve business problems
- Youre genuinely excited about data infrastructure & operations with a familiarity working in cloud environments
Working with data excites you: you have created Big data architecture, you can build & operate data pipelines, & maintain data storage, all within distributed systems
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com