Peloton is seeking a Senior Database Reliability Engineer to help build & improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our database systems, building automation, & helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system & work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore & application performance challenges.
What Youll Do:
- Own database reliability, automation & performance as we grow our platform.
- Provide architectural & hands on assistance with scaling & improving our Database Engines.
- Write & review Infrastructure as a code, create & maintain database documentation.
- Provide insight & analysis into the behavior of databases & caching infrastructure.
- Manage & evolve observability tools & documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with queries, schema design, application architecture, & traffic pattern planning.
- Build & contribute to tooling where the developer experience touches databases.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, & act as an escalation point for engineers when production issues related to datastores occur.
What Youll Need:
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Strong design skills in database schema & systems architecture.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Strong understanding of SQL in the context of application performance & how to guide engineers to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, ansible, or terraform.
- Experience managing & scaling caching layers such as Memcached/Elasticache
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.