As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Build, grow, & lead the Integrated Data Service Platform team in India to develop & maintain end to end technical solutions while fostering innovation, leveraging new technologies, & strong customercentered service mindset.
- Provide technical guidance to the team including architecture, design, & code reviews.
- Project task prioritization, planning of projects & features, stakeholder management & tracking of external commitments.
- Define success metrics & SLAs, as well as tracking them toward agreed target.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services including understanding user experience & ensuring happy customers through partnering with your product support team.
- Develop roadmaps & execution plans to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies in your area by partnering with other stakeholders in Data Platform & Visa.
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking & forecasting. Manage the team to achieve target scope, schedule & cost objectives.
- Instill best practices for software development & service execution. Drive for engineering excellence including automation, quality, efficiency, & productivity. Automation & reliability are the key for providing large scale services effectively.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the products & services in the IDSP development & operation areas.
- Manage multiple vectors of change such as technology migration, location rationalization, in-sourcing & process changes while ensuring business delivery.
- Foster innovation & leverage new technologies.Keep track of the industry development in big data & high-performance distributed data systems. Evaluate new product opportunities & bring forward proposals to expand our product line.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals & align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind security, performance, reliability, scalability, usability, flexibility, & cost.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields is required. MS or PhD degree is preferred.
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation, accountability, & team player.
- 13+ years of industry experience in the web services, big data and/or large scale data platform areas, including 5+ experience managing & leading development teams.
- 5+ years of hands on architecture design & software development experience on complex large scale systems/platforms.
- Proven experience managing the software development of highly available enterprise level applications & platforms as services.
- Deep expertise in the areas of big data & cloud technology such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, & Kafka is required,web services is preferred.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as scalability, high availability,data management, query processing, distributed processing, statistical, large scale platform, & data API.
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Good knowledge & experience on measuring a service from a user experience angle.
- Passion for web services on big data.
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, includingexecutives, product, & technical stakeholders.
- Fast learner on both technical side & business side.
- Broad knowledge of the state of art industry development status in the related areas.
- Strong customer centric mindset.
- More than comfortable in a fluid matrixed organization.
- Proactive sense of urgency & 'can do' attitude.
- Financial services & card payments experience is a plus.
- Experience managing & working with geo-distributed team is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.