A new kind of storage company, MakeSpace is taking the struggle out of storageand reinventing an antiquated industry in the process. Weve designed a hassle-free experience that allows people to store & retrieve their belongings on-demand, so they can skip the whole schlep-to-a-storage-unit thing. We pick up your stuff, haul it to storage, & deliver it back when you need it. Simple as that.
To support this seamless experience, we built the industrys first fully integrated system, from back-end routing to warehouse logistics, & a consumer app complete with a digital photo inventory of stored items. Our superior operations, tech, & talent enable us to be infinitely more convenient, affordable, & user-friendly than traditional self-storage. In just over 6 years, weve become a top-5 consumer-rated storage company in NYC, & expanded to 24 major cities in North America.
Join us as we disrupt a $38 billion industry, & change the way people think about storage (and the stuff they store).
Were looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join the Engineering team. Reporting to the CTO, youll be in charge of guiding an engineering team of 3-5 members into alignment with the companys 2020 initiatives. This role is based at our HQ in New Yorks Financial District.
- Lead a team of 3-5 senior engineers, including hiring, career development & performance management.
- Partner with Product Managers in delivering business outcomes through applications that bring value to our users, internal or external.
- Ensure engineering code meets business & architecture standards.
- Mentor engineers in & help set best practices around writing maintainable, supportable code including quality, logging, security, monitoring & alerting.
- Demonstrate a long-term vision for products & continue to deliver in an agile manner.
- Help to ensure the team is engaged & excited about their work
- Share insights with your team about the how & why behind the decisions the company is making & similarly advocate for the team with leadership
- Several years of engineering management experience of teams of 1-4+ people, with prior experience as a tech lead.
- Hands-on experience as an engineer working on products through the entire product lifecycle.
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders, help others grow in their career, & create inclusive environments.
- Strong understanding of domain-modeling & system design.
- Excellent interpersonal & clear communication skills.
- A product mentality - ability to define goals, consider trade-offs, prioritize, defend decisions, & execute.
- The ability to have the pulse of the team, while making tough decisions & valuing accountability.
- The ability to influence, negotiate & demonstrate empathy.
- A competitive base salary & a 401(k) with matching after one year.
- Full remote & fully equipped to do your job from home.
- Generous & flexible PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work).
- Competitive parental leave policy.
- Multiple health care options with premium plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, & Commuter benefits.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs.
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your space
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.