As a member of the Knotel IT Service Operations team, the BSA/A is responsible for managing key IT & business systems at Knotel. Primary responsibilities include administering Zendesk & managing processes & workflows to ensure optimum efficiency for member support & efficient operations internally for the IT Team. Additionally, this role will work to create & manage processes to facilitate interaction between various Knotel groups & IT. Other areas of responsibility include the planning, execution, & oversight of IT projects. This is an internally facing role, with occasional member interaction, & requires strong problem-solving & customer service skills, resourcefulness & the ability to communicate effectively. Training will be provided for specific tools, areas, & technologies required for the role, with the initial focus being Zendesk Administrator Certification & advanced Zendesk training. There may also be an opportunity to learn basic coding/scripting skills.
What Youll Do
- Be the Zendesk expert at Knotel
- Administer & Manage Zendesk
- Manage main Zendesk instance & PeopleOps instance
- Implementation (new features, apps, integrations, etc..)
- Ongoing maintenance (system configuration, user provisioning)
- Troubleshooting issues
- Assist with integrating 3rd parties into Zendesk
- Oversee integration of Deskeo (Paris) into Zendesk
- Train Staff on Zendesk usage
- Mange Zendesk reporting & analytics.
- Liaise with other departments to manage interdepartmental needs & request
- Analyze & Evaluate IT & technology services found in each department & assess consolidation & centralized management.
- Analyze SaaS services in use among various departments by initiating a company-wide survey of existing services & needs.
- Market internally & oversee implementation of standard, centrally managed IT services.
- IT Allocation of budget resources - including interdepartmental budget management.
- Understand Administration of Key IT Systems
- IT Glue
- Additional systems as they are added or become managed by IT
- Manage users & access to systems by 3rd parties.
- Manage content in Confluence. Ensure proper documentation for internal & 3rd party use
- Work with Manager, IT Operations to develop meaningful reporting & metrics for the above tools.
- Work with IT Admin to understand the role & provide backup support
- Areas include:
- ISP Management
- Circuit delivery & maintenance
- Opening & managing trouble ticket
- AP Management
- Assist with the resolution of outages & major problems
Who You Are
You are someone who is energetic & willing to seek out knowledge by doing. This is a hands-on role & your success will be driven by your desire to gain experience with IT & the tools under your realm. You are ready to take on a more hands-on role to increase your knowledge in the field by application. You are someone who can learn quickly & take ownership of the tasks that are given to you. You can take direction well & execute on shared deliverables. Additional technical requirements below:
- 1 Year Zendesk management experience
- Possess good judgment
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Good technical writing abilities & communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Dependability & reliability
- Capable of working in a disciplined manner in a very relaxed atmosphere
- Ability to work well within a distributed team
- Ability to seek out answers where needed & dig deep
- Detective skills - able to find out hidden answers to obvious questions
- Forensic skills - ability to find answers to questions not yet asked
- Sense of humor
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil & Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, & operatescustom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, & was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup & New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotels member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, & Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Dont Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
Where is it Engraved- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.