Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers & publishers to control & maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching & engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats & devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure & remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices & six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PubMatic is immediately hiring a "Director, Technical Support" to lead our global technical engineering support teams. We are looking for an experienced leader who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty, & at the same time can pull up & communicate a broader vision.
In this role, you will define the support framework required to meet the demands of our global customer base. To do so, you can clearly articulate how we need to adjust across process, product & people to build a top-tier technical support team. You have a proven track record of partnering with fellow leaders across Engineering, Product & Customer Success to identify & close gaps in how our teams collaborate. Lastly, you can make good on service expectations by effectively managing the teams to these new targets.
- Lead the Technical Support Team, who are the second line of defense for client issues. They solve the most challenging technical problems facing our clients, & either resolve themselves or partner with engineering to find a solution.
- Build executable playbooks for customer support activities, including issue resolution, cross-departmental workflows, & escalation management
- Drive regular reviews to assess & ensure positive customer sentiment & spot new opportunities or issues
- Track team achievement, identify root causes of gaps & solve for those gaps in a scalable way
- Identify & implement opportunities for product or engineering automation to maximize operational efficiency
- Partner with Engineering leadership to build scalable team training programs
- Partner with Customer Success leadership to identify & train on skill sets that can be scaled to customer teams
- Focal point, as needed, for customer escalations (technical expert representing the team on high-priority issues)
- Train & mentor team members on approaches & practices for root cause analysis, issue resolution, & customer communications
- Orient the team towards proactive opportunity identification & customer-first resolution
- Build a positive team culture in which people are valued, supported & challenged
- Part of the Customer Success management team that owns the results against key organizational metrics (e.g. Revenue, NPS)
- 3+ years of technical escalations management experience supporting a high availability SaaS product in a fast paced environment
- 3+ years people management experience, ideally with an offshore team
- Experience using JIRA
- Working experience inbasics ofSQL
- Working experience inbasics of shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced company
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly & independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, both with technical communication with offshore teams & with customers / customer-facing teams
- Strong interpersonal skills & desire to work collaboratively
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
Nice to Have
- Prior experience supporting a Platform as a Service (PAAS) or Advertising Technology
- Experience using Salesforce
- Demonstrated prior success within a start-up environment
- Good understanding of Ad Serving basic flow
- Working experience with Ubuntu/Linux OS
- Experience with Data Center management
- Working experience of basics of Python
- Know-how of Big Data
- Know-how of Dataflow of Analytics
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don't just value diversity, we promote & celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.