ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars US The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Lead the Analytics team embedded in the US Racing P&L, responsible for building the Racing Analytics infrastructure & providing analysis & insight on the Racing business (Online & Retail).
THE GAME PLAN
Work closely with the Racing commercial team to provide the analytical capabilities needed in the decision-making process. Partner with marketing team to assess the efficiency of the acquisition & retention spend. Set standards for data science within team & evolve data science techniques across company, developing & disseminating best practices for data analytics. Translate complex quantitative research & analysis into actionable business recommendations, parsing data for non-technical audience. Identify analytical & technology gaps & areas for innovation, working closely with the data teams to help develop & improve the current data structure. Develop, iterate & take to production machine learning models to solve business problems. Explore & use different analysis, modeling, reporting tools to improve scalability, & accelerate the conversion of data to insight. Build solutions for teams to self-serve data as feasible, accelerating BAU & fostering reliance on analytical research. Manage a team of three data scientists & an analyst.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
Masters degree in Mathematics or related quantitative field & three (3) years of experience in the positon offered or a related role.
Full term of experience must include:
- Utilizing SQL & other analytic tools, including KNIME & R, to design, undertake & automate quantitative analysis of consumer behavior & deliver insights in order to drive positive outcomes
- Applying expertise working with relational DBs (to include SQL & Redshift) & proficiency in programming languages (Python or R) to query the data platforms & gather relevant data to be analyzed.
- Applying understanding of engineering standards & practices to facilitate interaction with the other data teams & the building of sustainable & scalable solutions
- Effectively communicating technical & quantitative details to a non-technical audience to present actionable insights in a clear & understandable manner
- Undertaking analytics/customer intelligence within the casino, gaming, sports betting or horseracing industry
- Utilizing machine learning techniques, experimental design & statistical modeling, specifically building user behavior prediction using the following machine learning techniques: Linear regression; Logistic regression; Nave Bayes; Decision tree; Random forest; Support vector machine; Neural network; Deep learning; K-Means; Clustering; Nearest neighbor.
- Analysis of operations & performance, including commercial, analytics, & customer intelligence, by applying analytical techniques including regression, user segmentation, & cohort analysis to forecast revenue, assess new investment ideas & monitor business performance
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to FanDuels Employee Referral Program
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.