Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving & investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers & building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, & enjoy life.
As an HR Associate at Stash, you will be responsible for supporting our People Operations team on various tasks including on-boarding, employee orientation, HR system updates, benefits, & immigration. Reporting to our Director of HR, this is a fantastic opportunity to be exposed to a fast-paced, ever changing startup environment. If you have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business, & are willing to contribute where necessary -- Stash is looking for you!
What you'll do:
- End-to-end support of Stashs on-boarding & orientation processes, including interacting directly with new hires to help them navigate the pre-employment process, owning HR system setup, & managing two-day orientation program
- Maintain all HR systems (Sequoia PEO, Reflektive, T&A systems, digital employee files, etc.) to ensure accuracy & compliance
- Vet & implement new HR systems & procedures in partnership with the Director of HR
- Support a broad range of HR & People Operations functions including benefit programs, payroll, performance check-ins, immigration, compliance, leaves of absence, off-boarding, & more
- Build & maintain People data reports & dashboards
- Partner with HR leadership to craft talent management programs to better support employees & managers
- Build a strong rapport with team members across the organization, & serve as an internal resource & point of contact for our growing team for questions related to HR, payroll, benefits, etc.
What we're looking for:
- 1-2 years of HR or People Operations experience with exposure to a range of HR functions such as on-boarding, off-boarding, compliance, leaves, payroll, benefits, etc.
- An empathetic, natural relationship-builder who possesses the ability to engage & connect with others quickly
- Ability to operate with good judgement & have a high level of discretion & confidentiality
- A team player who is capable of working in a fast-moving, ever changing start up environment
- An organized, self-starter who knows how to prioritize their day
- Excellent sense of humor
- Startup experience
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
*Equity In Stash *Flexible Vacation
*FourFamily-Friendly Medical Plans *TwoDental & One Vision Insurance Plan
*401k * Learning & Development Stipend
*Commuter Benefits *Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
*Employee Referral Bonuses *Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
*Thursday Happy Hours *Catered Lunch on Fridays
*Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work in 2019
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.